When the original library, located on the 2nd floor at what was 75 South Orange Ave (now Dunkin' Donuts) became too small, Eugene Connett donated land at the corner of Scotland Road and Taylor Place for a library. He made this donation on the condition that subscribers raise $7,500 to build the library. Five hundred families donated funds to build it and cover all of the expenses. The Village's second library opened its doors on May 8, 1896. By 1960, a larger library was needed due to expanded circulation. The current library opened in 1968 and is located adjacent to the Connett Building.