Built circa 1926, the new firehouse has three bays for fire trucks and included a training tower designed with vented louvers in place of windows. Those louvers are used to circulate air to dry fire-hoses. Twelve lengths of hoses can be hung and dried in the tower at one time. In addition to the fire trucks, which continually stand ready, a large kitchen accommodates the firemen, who grocery shop and cook for themselves. Upstairs, firemen sleep in twin beds and have use of a weight and exercise room. The Fire House was listed on the NJ State and National Historic Registers in 1998.