South Orange Historical and Preservation Society
Since its formation in 1986 through the present, the South Orange Historical and Preservation Society (SOHPS) has supported historic preservation and education efforts.
Their primary objectives are:
- Developing outreach programs to all the businesses, historical societies, churches, schools and universities within South Orange and the surrounding areas.
- Developing educational programs of historic significance for our local communities, libraries and school curricula and educational environments.
- Preservation of significant historic structures, including the historic buildings and districts on the National and State Historic Registers.
- Increasing membership and membership participation in all events and SOHPS activities
- Membership and attendance at meetings is open to anyone interested in furthering their mission and goals.
- Membership benefits include a welcome gift: a set of note cards of historic South Orange.
- Meetings of the SOHPS are held monthly, usually the first Tuesday of the month, at South Orange Public Library
Membership is tax-deductible. Join online at www.sohps.org